Are you an “EDM” enthusiast who constantly scours the blogs for new music? But are you tired of reading TMZ-style news posts with little to no substance? Then you may have what it takes to write for Conscious Electronic. Our goal is to change the way dance music enthusiasts go about consuming media.
We’re rapidly growing and are currently seeking writers from all over the world, along with photographers and videographers in major US music markets (Miami, Las Vegas, New York City, and Los Angeles). If you think you’re ready to dive into the world of music media — and make a lot of industry connections in the process — then check out the job responsibilities and see what might be a good fit for you!
Time expectation: approx. 2 hours/day
- Develop and manage relationships with publicists, labels, artists, managers, and industry professionals
- Source and send out daily content e-mails to writers
- Motivate writers in a consciously-attuned manner
- Address corrective writing/formatting errors in WordPress (e.g. grammar/language, SEO, in-text tagging, categories, meta-data, etc.)
- Respond to team members’ requests for festival/tour coverage
- Apply to festivals for media partnerships and proposed coverage
- Help to maintain one strong editorial voice across the website
- Assign feature pieces and approve pitched stories (e.g. album/event reviews, artist interviews, op/eds, and any other long form pieces)
- Check the WordPress queue daily for pending posts, edit pieces to ensure they are being written in a voice that has the CE mission/values at heart
- Head up a weekly feature series on the website (e.g. Midweek Mantra Mix, The Friday Wrangler, Rising Bass Spotlight, Remix Radar, etc.)
- NEWS CYCLE
- Stay on top of current news to curate content for daily digest
Time expectation: approx. 3-5 hours/week
- Develop and manage relationships with publicists, labels, artists, and industry professionals
- Maintain strong channels of communication both internally and externally
- Develop strong, hands-on communication with writing/editorial/social staff to facilitate the daily production of content
- Strong writing background with the ability to quickly turnaround news posts
- Ability to write in an informed professional/authoritative voice
- Affinity for electronic dance music and culture, must have your finger on the pulse for rising talent.
- Execute both short- and long- form pieces from pitch to print
- Meet minimum weekly/monthly writing requirements (3-5 posts/week)
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of APA style citations is a plus!!
- Journalism/music industry background preferred
- NEWS CYCLE
- Stay on top of current news (RSS feeds, social media, email)
- Keen eye for brand-fitting news stories in tech, business, and other industry sectors
- Weekend availability is a must