Conscious Electronic’s Top Singles of 2019
2019 marks the last year of the decade and, arguably so, this past year has given music fans the best dance tracks of the past ten years. However, there’s no arguing that the 2010s signaled the decade of dance music—just like the 70s was the disco era, the 80s belonged to synth-pop, the 90s to grudge, and the 2000s to punk/emo. From dance music’s mainstream infiltration in 2012, to the economic “bubble burst” of 2016 marked by SFX’s bankruptcy, the decade will most synonymously and inextricably be linked to “EDM.”
As the world inches closer towards welcoming in the rolling 20s, its important to pause and reflect on the past year’s most popular singles. In 2019, there’s been no lack of incredible remixes or exquisite full-length studio albums, which we have exhaustively ranked here). But that’s all neither here nor there, at least as far as this editorial is concerned. We’re interested in rounding up the 2019 standouts for best original singles—both solo and collaborative—based on streaming rates, fan reception, chart performance, label association, and editorial opinion, of course.
In perfect listening order, we present a 25-track collection of our favorite songs of the year, chosen by CE writers and editors. The CE staff has also voted and ranked out the Top Ten Singles of 2019 below.
CE’s Top Ten Singles of 2019
10) Skrillex, Boys Noize, Ty Doll@ Sign – Midnight Hour
9) The Glitch Mob x 1788-L – Momentary Lapse
8) Lane 8 x Arctic Lake – Don’t Let Me Go
7) Ekali x Illenium – Hard To Say Goodbye
6) Seven Lions, Trivect, & Wooli – Island
5) Ganja White Night x Liquid Stranger – Jungle Juice
4) Flume x Vera Blue – Rushing Back
3) Liquid Stranger x CloZee – Ceremony
2) Bassnectar – Undercover
1) GRiZ x Subtronics – Griztronics
A conscious way to consume EDM.