Are you an “EDM” enthusiast who constantly scours the blogs for new music? But are you tired of reading TMZ-style news posts with little to no substance? Do you constantly find yourself wishing music articles went deeper?
Then you may have what it takes to write for Conscious Electronic. Our goal is to change the way dance music enthusiasts go about consuming media and to dismantle industry barriers and secrecy. Transparency and authenticity is our name. Bridge building is our game.
We’re rapidly growing with a global readership from over 40 countries! To keep up with this pace, CE is currently seeking writers from all over the world, along with photographers and videographers in all major US music markets (Miami, Las Vegas, New York City, and Los Angeles). If you think you’re ready to dive into the world of music media, and to make a lot of industry connections in the process, then check out the job responsibilities and see what might be a good fit for you!
Open Positions - Job Descriptions
Now accepting applications for all open positions*
Time expectation: approx. 3-5 hours/week
- Develop and manage relationships with publicists, labels, artists, and industry professionals
- Maintain strong channels of communication both internally and externally
- Maintain strong, hands-on communication with writing and editorial team to facilitate in the production of daily, down-to-the-wire EDM content
- Strong writing background with the ability to quickly turnaround news posts
- Ability to write in an informed professional/authoritative voice
- Affinity for electronic music and culture; must have your finger on the pulse for rising talent.
- Execute both short- and long-form pieces from pitch to print
- Meet minimum weekly/monthly writing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of APA style citations is a plus!
- Journalism, English, and music industry background preferred
- Stay on top of all current / breaking news & week's upcoming releases
- A keen eye for brand-fitting story angles in tech, business, & other industry sectors
- Weekend availability is a must
Time expectation: varies with number of assignments
- Maintain strong communication channel with Editorial staff on assignment-by-assignment basis
- Be able to pitch strong feature stories relating to EDM
- Affiliates & backlinks welcome, but content must stay in our musical wheelhouse
- Strong writing background
- Ability to write in an informed authoritative voice
- Journalism background is preferred
- Affinity for electronic dance music and culture
- WordPress knowledge is a must!
Time expectation: approx. 2-5 hours/week
- Be on the edge of EDM trends and know marketing strategies to give artists an edge.
- Cultivate a music network to be able to screen records exclusively ahead of release.
- Scout emerging and underground talent
- Reach out to artist and/or management to open a line of communication.
- Act as "a voice of CE" across all digital audio platforms
- Liaison between our brand and fans, artists, management, and promoters
- Maintain the ethos of CE’s mission in all external communications & fan engagement
- Be a bridge builder: Possess a deep love for sharing music far and wide.
- Responsible for curating and updating all playlists, reposts, uploads, etc. across CE's audio platforms: SoundCloud, Spotify, & Audius
We're seeking a motivated self-starter with videography, film production, and/or vlogger experience to manage and maintain CE's visual media platforms.
Time expectation: varies per project assignment
- You get excited at the thought of jump-starting a channel and building an audience
- You have a proven track record of success with building an audience + maintaining and incentivizing subscribers
- You've got a base-level understanding for branding & affiliate marketing programs
- You're insanely passionate about EDM, music videos, and content creation
- You're a creative at heart with a knack for all technical levels of film production
- Must be proficient in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid Pro Tools, or some other major video editing software.
- Twitch Affiliates are highly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of Streamlabs OBS is a huge pus!
- Reports to COO, Social Media Manager, & Label Manager
- Actively engage channel and pitch social media campaigns, contests, etc.
- Tracking performance metrics of CE's YouTube channel + reporting trends/insights to SEO Manager
- Create SEO-optimized copy for all video descriptions, titles, and tags
- Maintain channel quality, organization, and content governance
- Work with CE's in-house music label team to create impactful and sharable video content for artists' exclusives
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced video production environment with tight deadlines.
- Global industry connections and the chance to build a collaborative network
- Media credentials at festivals and events to gain experience and build a portfolio
- A close knit family of like-minded individuals bent on supporting, connecting, affirming, mentoring, and motivating each other.
- All positions are unpaid. We’re all seeking the same thing—higher consciousness!