The mark of any great dance music remix rests in an artist’s ability to put their own stamp on a favorite tune, all the while leaving the original recognizably in-tact. Whether it’s a producer whose given the enviable task of official remix duties or a newcomer striving to leave their footprint on a great artist’s hallmark track, good remixes are virtually everywhere. Great remixes, however, happen in the magical moment that a remixer finds that sweet spot in the studio. That’s why CE has scoured the interwebs in search of the latest and greatest remixes — all wrapped into one easy-listening playlist. This is the Remix Radar.
Time for our monthly check-in on the hottest dance music remixes to land over the past several weeks. For this week’s edition of Remix Radar, DJ Snake has enlisted Devault to remix he and ZHU’s “No More,” Martin Garrix taps Collen on his Bonn-assisted anthemic single, “No Sleep,” Tchami gives Valentino Khan and Diplo’s “Just Your Soul” a French house make-over, and funny guy Dillon Francis proves he’s a perfect match for SOFi TUKKER’s corky sound on “Purple Hat.”
On the pop end of the dance music spectrum, several dance music producers have taken on some big-name artists. Blanke flips Paramore’s “crushcrushcrush,” Tiësto gives Halsey’s “You Should Be Sad” the remix treatment, and MK revamps Ed Sheeran and Travis Scott’s 2019 summer crossover hit, “Antisocial.”
What we’re most excited for on this week’s round-up is A-trak and Chromeo’s duetted side project, The Brothers Macklovitch, who have remixed “So Ready” by neo-soul singer, songwriter, and record producer, Raphael Saadiq.
In addition, Le Youth delivers a gorgeous official remix for Lane 8 on his POLIÇA-assisted track, “The Rope” while Dirtybirds Walker & Royce get “Loaded” on Destructo and Yo Gotti’s 2018 collaboration.
Of course, we had to include our favorite bass music remixes. 1788-L has delivered a deliciously glitchy mid-tempo remix of Madeon’s “All My Friends,” Desert Dwellers tapped Somatoast on “One That Shows The Way,” and Secret Recipe’s rendition of Mr. Bill & Au5’s “Shlappy.”
Without further ado, here are our Top 25 remixes over the past month in this edition of CE‘s Remix Radar.
Remix Radar Tracklist
- Idris Elba – Ballie ft. Kah-Lo (Destructo Remix)
- DJ Snake – No More ft. ZHU (Devault Remix)
- Madeon – All My Friends (1788-L Remix)
- SOFi TUKKER – Purple Hat (Dillon Francis Remix)
- Chris Lake x Solardo – Free Your Body (Noizu Remix)
- deadmau5 – avaritia (plusgood remix)
- Steve Aoki x Maluma – Maldad (R3HAB Remix)
- NGHTMRE & Gunna – CASH COW (black a.m Remix)
- Halsey – You Should Be Sad (Tiësto Remix)
- Ed Sheeran & Travis Scott – Antisocial (MK Remix)
- Moon Boots – Tied Up ft. Steven Klavier (Mat Zo Remix)
- Armin van Buuren – All Comes Down ft. Cimo Fränkel (Third Party Remix)
- Joris Voorn – Never (Colyn Remix)
- Raphael Saadiq – So Ready (The Brothers Macklovitch Remix)
- Valentino Khan – Just Your Soul ft. Diplo (Tchami Remix)
- ARTY – Daydreams ft. Cimo Fränkel (Sultan + Shepard Echoes Of Life Remix)
- Martin Garrix – No Sleep ft. Bonn (Collen Remix)
- JVNA – Catch Me (LICK Remix)
- Paramore – crushcrushcrush (Blanke Flip)
- Louis Futon – Surreal (Ian Ewing Remix)
- Desert Dwellers – One That Shows The Way (Somatoast Remix)
- Destructo & Yo Gotti- Loaded (Walker & Royce Remix)
- MK ft. Raphaella – One Night (Dom Dolla Remix)
- Mr. Bill & Au5 – Shlappy (Secret Recipe Remix)
- Lane 8 – The Rope ft. POLIÇA (Le Youth Remix)
Featured photo: Brooke Nipar.