Tipper & Friends Suwannee to return in April 2022
That’s right, Dave Tipper is bringing his hallmark Tipper & Friends spring event back to the coveted grounds of Spirit of Suwannee Park in Live Oak, Florida. Set to take place from April 1 – 3, the specially curated throwdown is already stirring up chatter throughout his various online communities, but here is a special update on the specifics around the upcoming event per an email listserve announcement from his team that recently went out.
Details on listed below, along with the official Facebook announcement.
We’re really looking forward to our next edition of TnF Suwannee 2022, and in the current social (and weather) climate we figure everyone wants something awesome to look forward to (and soon) too. As the image above indicates, we’re gathering on Friday 1 April through Sunday 3 April. We go on sale this Friday 21 January, but expecting a big demand for this we’re setting up a Presale for the day before on Thursday 20 January to give us an idea just how fast these tickets may go. Red Rocks was crazy (18k+ tix in 29 minutes). We will follow up next week with exact times and links etc well in advance. This year each ticket will be $235 inc fees, which is a $35 increase from 2019. Here’s some highlights of what you can look forward to in return:
- Brand new Daytime stage in a part of the Park that’s never hosted a stage until now. We’ve had our eye on this area since 2016, and the Park is behind us doing something different. It’s our ‘surprise picnic stage’ running from 12-4 pm on Saturday & Sunday, and meant more as a communal gathering with no visuals; just laid back music (yes on an F1 Audio system same as main stage), BUT you’re all going to have to find it for yourselves when you’re there! We’re not telling you where it is in advance – help each other out. Just bring a picnic blanket and whatever you like to chill with on a (hopefully) sunny Florida afternoon. More details about the artists presenting, and intention for each day in the coming weeks.
- Projection Mapping on another special Hoodie Salinas creation main stage build, with an extra special VJ/Visual Artist who has not worked with us in the past (but requested by our fans many times over the years). That’s also going to be a Surprise confirmation and announcement closer to the weekend. We’re trying to raise the bar from 2019 using 2D and 3D digital mapping, with the same high-end laser projector we used at Red Rocks, and very excited about the potential for leveling up from the last Suwannee. Yes, let the inevitable “who is the VJ” guessing game begin 😄
- No Car Camping charge for 2022. We’ve never charged for car camping at our weekend events before (and never want or intend to where it’s in our control), but the Park has adopted this fee for all events there in recent times. We understand why and support them (it helps to help keep them open in the quiet months), so we asked/negotiated that this year Tipper & Friends be given an exception to the new charge, to allow us to explain why not us this year and why we will have no choice in 2023.
- We’re working to bring back the late-night Drum Circle and Fire Spinning on the Meadow. Also bringing back the late-night tree projections by Datagrama. The Psychedelic Movie Nights will be back. There will be another DJ Mix Contest, and we will start accepting applications for Vendors and Painters in the very near future. We have a very special curation intent for this year’s Art Gallery, and announcing that very soon too.
- Heads Up – because we’re taking our time confirming the last round of music artists, we will not be announcing any of our Lineup or Schedule as we have done in the past before the event goes on sale. We already have several producers from overseas coming, and waiting on a few more to confirm their travel arrangements. There are several new talents that are probably not on your radar, and one or two acts we enjoy from ‘back in the day’ whom we’re genuinely inspired to present to you for the first time (or in a very long time) in the USA.
- Lastly, and so very importantly, we are partnering with DanceSafe in a fundraising and awareness campaign towards providing Testing Kits for purchase, or distribution to sales outlets near you, to do our part in combating the national scourge that is Fentanyl infiltration into our culture, and society in general. We will be launching a competition that opens for submissions of various kinds (be they art or video or audio etc), asking people to share their stories or ideas that can help save lives, and motivate people in our culture to party responsibility and hopefully save lives. This will be a focus all year and beyond. We have had WAY too many losses to unintentional overdoses in the past few years, and the Red Rocks Memoriam videos (plural – yes we had to have two each night) motivate us to do our part to try to turn this thing around. This is an epidemic and we can all try to do something about it. DanceSafe will judge our submissions, and we will offer multiple recipients for our Suwannee event receiving Free Passes for the winners (plus their guest).
Feel free to share this Announcement and information on your various social media pages and channels as you please. We will be out there on our TnF Events Facebook page, FB groups, and Tipper Reddit answering questions, but will continue to use this email list as the central place to share information directly leading up to the weekend. We will post the Announcement online tomorrow (Wednesday 12 January). Please don’t reply back to this List email address asking questions – we will have specific emails for the specific activities all mentioned in this email as we announce each one. It gets a little crazy in the DM’s or groups as you can imagine, but those are way easier for us to answer the same question asked multiple times in one Reply. Thanking you gratefully in advance!
A conscious way to consume EDM.