Steve Angello confirms Swedish House Mafia to play Ultra Mexico 2019
Since their epic Ultra return, talk of an impending Swedish House Mafia reunion tour seems all but certain. Yet, nothing has been officially announced — and that’s exactly the kind of rumor mill viral marketing the star-powered trio seems to enjoy. Here’s what we know:
- Steve Angello has confirmed that SHM are back in the studio.
- Axwell Λ Ingrosso have announced they are shelving their duo project for now, and even went as far as to allude to a planned New York stop for some upcoming SHM tour in 2019.
- Angello also told a Dutch news outlet that the group will perform at Tomorrowland next year “by any means necessary.”
- Angello invited Sebastian Ingrosso on stage at Tomorrowland Planaxis to play the trio’s iconic anthem, “Don’t You Worry Child.”
- Axwell Λ Ingrosso closed out this year’s Creamfields with SHM’s iconic logo of three consecutive dots, with Axwell announcing, “TO BE CONTINUED…”
While most chatter has been wildly ambiguous — and perhaps purposefully so — Steve Angello has now offered the most succinctly worded verbal confirmation to date.
“Mexico, I’ll see you next year with Swedish House Mafia,” Angello announced during his solo set at Ultra Mexico this past weekend.
Hard to read anything into that statement. And although festivals usually force artists to sign non-disclosure agreements over upcoming appearances, at least until after the festival has announced it to the masses themselves, this is Swedish House Mafia after all.
Still, fans are yearning for an official announcement. Even as SHM remain masters of edging their crowds over what’s to come, we’re willing to bet that 2019 will be filled with sold-out stadium tours across the globe and mainstage performances at the world’s biggest and most visible festivals.
“Mexico, I’ll see you next year with Swedish House Mafia.”
Steve Angello pic.twitter.com/LFFJjO4Ok9
— Bora Fazer Vibez (de 🏠) (@EletroVibez) October 15, 2018
Information seeker. Dog lover. PhD drop out. College professor by day, EDM photographer by night.