One widely-held truth that everyone can seem to agree on is this: Life is hard, and it doesn’t get any easier. We just get tougher. As one gains age and experience, it becomes more critical to practice everyday balance—spontaneity with routine, work with play, stress with letting loose, and tuning out of the world by tuning into the body. That’s why Conscious Electronic is proud to present our new monthly mixtape series, Electric Consciousness. Bringing you the best and latest in bass music every month—from heavy to experimental, tribal to future and funk, left-field to half-time, and more.
Nyrus may as well be our resident music producer. For our second installment, CE is proud to once again feature Santa Barbara-based producer Nyrus. With a name taken from “oneirology,” the study of dreams, Nyrus walks the line between the worlds of the waking and dreaming minds. Fusing everything from hip-hop, breakbeats, funk, soul, and world music under the constantly-expanding umbrella of bass music, Nyrus’ conscious musical style fits perfectly within the CE mission.
In this hour-long journey, Nyrus takes listeners on a journey through the latest releases. After kicking off with Manic Focus and Mersiv‘s “Any Realer” from their joint EP, Solar Vision, Nyrus does well to include recent tracks by rising bass music stars, Super Future and MIZE. Then listeners are given a whole slew of recently released gems, including Opiuo and Vorso’s “Martian March,” Lucii and Sam Lamar’s melodic dubstep anthem, “You,” Nox Vahn and Mimi Page’s trance gem, “Dream of Love.”
Of course, inclusions from Desert Dwellers‘ recent remix package finds its way into the mix, specifically BOSA‘s remix of “Traversing the Endless Road.” With BRONSON coming off a huge release of their debut artist concept album this past month, Nyrus included their collaboration with Gallant on the mix. Not to mention, there’s a wealth of hot new remixes on the mix, including REZZ‘s rendition of Melanie Martinez’s “Tag You’re It” and TOKiMONSTA‘s “The Ghost Burns” remix from the Ghost of Tsushima Soundtrack. Finally, he is sure to hit Moon Lotus’ “Visions, Still,” which was released exclusively on CE earlier this month.
Whether you’re a fan of melodic, underground or West Coast bass, tribal or glitch, this mix truly has something for everyone.
Electric Consciousness | Vol. 002 | Nyrus
- Manic Focus and Mersiv – Any Realer
- Viskus and Southgate – sumthin’ hawt
- Super Future – Bamboo
- Chime and Whales – Gamebreak
- MIZE – Thought Process
- Opiuo and Vorso – Martian March
- Lucille Croft – Control
- Lucii and Sam Lamar – You
- Cloudchord, Birocratic, Ian Ewing – Twitter Telephone (ft. Louis Futon, Dom Lalli and Martin Vogt)
- Slow Magic – Closer 2 U (ft. Manila Killa)
- Desert Dwellers – Traversing the Endless Road (BOSA Remix)
- Common Creation – Astral Alchemy
- Nyrus – Halcyon
- Moon Lotus – Visions, Still
- Nox Vahn – Dream of Love (ft. Mimi Page)
- BRONSON – KNOW ME (ft. Gallant)
- Kumarion – Want It (Tripzy Leary and MYNXY Remix)
- Melanie Martinez – Tag You’re It (REZZ Remix)
- Ghost of Tsushima Soundtrack – The Ghost Burns (TOKiMONSTA Remix)
- Porter Robinson – shepherdess – s.h.e.